Saturday 14 October 2017

Cookies and a Countertop Question

I made some white chocolate macadamia cookies the other day and they were delicious! You also get a peek at my fall decor here...


I'm really enjoying my new appliances. Any excuse to bake some cookies, right? :) 

Y'all are so good at advice, so I have another question for you. This time it has to do with kitchen countertops. I know I went on and on about laminate counters and I still might go that route, but several people have suggested I look into quartz. Apparently it's not a lot more expensive than laminate. Laminate has gone up in price over the years, especially when you add the ogee edge like we want. 

A friend of mine, Kendra at Joy in Our Home Blog explained to me that they were able to get quartz for only $300 more than laminate. That really got me thinking. :) 

So, do any of you have quartz? Do you like it? How do you clean it? Do you just use soap and water and a paper towel to wipe it down? I've been reading up on it and here's a quote...

"Engineered Quartz is a manmade product created mostly from natural materials. It's made of 90-94% ground quartz and 6-10% resins and pigments that are combined into durable and nonporous slabs. It's naturally resistant to abrasion, scratches, dents and acids, without the need for sealants. It's also non-toxic and nonallergenic and will last a lifetime." 

It sounds like a great choice for kitchen countertops. Please let me know if any of you have it. Thanks!

Fall decor post coming up next! 

~Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sauder Select 5-Shelf Bookcase in Abbey Oak Finish - living-room-furniture

Find the perfect bookcases on Houzz Sauder Select 5-Shelf Bookcase in Abbey Oak Finish   8  Ratings and Reviews $128.50 ...